KVK Kulgam is moving ahead with multi-pronged strategy to face vague and complex challenges faced in the temperate agriculture to harness
various opportunities realted to crop improvment and enhancement. KVK Kulgam has introduced integrated crop production technologies, keeping in view the
sensitivities and effective response from the farmers. KVK has framed its VISION 2025 with with the following objective :-
1. To ensure food and income security for all farmers of the district, through sustainable agriculture and technological innovations.
2. To harness best power of science and technology with a expert touch for higher production and productivity of fruits and crops.
3. To accomplish the mission of the ICAR— by giving highest priority to farmers through ‘farmer first’ strategy.
4. To promote innovations and improve human resource capacity by involving all stakeholders in the food-supply chain.
5. Strengthen institutional capacity for attaining sustainable food, nutrition, and livelihood security, and also for global
6. Act as a catalyst in reclaiming degraded resources for agriculture,
and conserve and enhance national wealth of natural resources and
7. Promote adaptation and preparedness for meeting climate change
challenge, and evolve mechanisms for effective drought and flood
8. Foster repositories of genetic resources related to crop, livestock,
fish, insects and micro-organisms for their sustainable utilization.
9. Improve knowledge management system to act as an efficient
clearing-house of technology, knowledge and information in
agriculture and allied sectors.
10. Facilitate quarantine, evolve mechanisms for sanitary and
phytosanitary inspection of germplasm under exchange for research,
and perform other regulatory functions.
11. Develop and facilitate gradual replacement of pesticides, and execute
mechanisms for bio-security of the country, especially that emerging
from threat of gene piracy and cross-border vector-borne diseases.
12. Reform agricultural education and extension systems, and enhance
human resource befitting global competition.
13. Foster linkages and collaborations with public and private, national
and international organizations.